Friday, February 25, 2005

A positive support experience...

I have been trying to make a conscious effort not to make my blog become too Pocket PC-centric. Since that’s the gadget of the week though, it’s tough! :^)

Today I had a good experience (well, it turned out good) with some tech support that I wanted to share with the blogosphere. I was having a lot of problems getting Wisbar Advance to install correctly on my Pocket PC. No matter what I tried, I could not get the application to install anywhere but in my Built-in Storage. I finally resorted to sending an email to their support email address out of sure frustration. Much to my surprise, I had a response within 5 minutes - and it wasn’t even a canned response!

The response to my question was MUCH faster than I expected and Chris came across like one of the good ol’ boys. He asked me good questions over a series of email messages without implying I didn’t know what I was doing (which I know from years of tech support can be a tough thing to do sometimes). It was nice to work with someone who took support seriously. I wish that every tech support request was this positive, but I’ve had more than my share of bad experiences with HP, T-mobile, and more! Kudos to you Lakeridge Software!

1 comment:

Josh Bancroft said...

But the real question is, did he help you fix your problem. ;-)